Sunday, July 4, 2010

This is how apna Jazz is

Last week, my friend’s sister lost her phone and he wanted me to run an errand for him to the Mobilink franchise and get a duplicate sim for her for he is out of town.

My first step was to call the help line to find out the location of the franchise that was closest to my place, for the one I knew to be the closest had its shutters down for the past few days. After waiting for three whole minutes and fifty seconds, the operator picked up my call.

On presenting my request, he repeated the address of the franchise that was closest to my place. I was amazed that he did not know that that particular franchise wasn’t functional. So I blessed him with the knowledge and brought to his awareness that this particular franchise of his company did not exist anymore or appeared to be closed for the past few days.

He then told me the address of another one which was on the road that lead to Allah wala round about.

Since it was 7 already and the closing time for the franchise is 8, I rushed towards Tariq Road but thanks to the road diggers of our country, one complete track had been dug and the traffic was crawling.

I could see a Mobilink franchise nowhere and so i called the headline again for i wasnt in a mood to get stuck in the rush i could see ahead. This time the HELP LINE agent, as they call themselves, told me that the office was on the other road! It was beside ARIZONA GRILL and not on the road that lead to Allah wala roundabout! I was on fire. I would have punched the guy had he been in front of me.



Then the most amazing thing happened. I reached the office beside Arizona grill and found the shutters closed! I was taken aback for it was just 7.30 and the official closing time was 8. I knocked at the door and a guy answered that the office was closed. So I talked to the guy at the billing window and asked him why the office had been closed before 8? He was like the office closes at 7 and sim issuance lady leaves at 5 so u will have to come tomorrow before 5pm.

I told him that I was told by the so called HELP LINE guy that your offices are open till 8. How could he not know the official closing timings?!

SIR they might have missed guided u! Came the reply.

Then he asked me to get the help line agent on line from my cell phone and apologized to me saying he will lodge a complaint against them and that there is this branch in Gulshan and if I reach there till 8 they might help me. It was 7.40 already so I wasn’t going to take another run now considering the level of misguidance they could do. Neither did I have a chopper which could take me there in 20 minutes. Not that my driving skills are any less.

So it was one hell of an eye opener for me. This is the service you get from the oldest telecom giant and as per their claims, the family with the largest no of members. I wonder what keeps their family together.

2 comments:

  1. lolzzZ ....

    i love my city and the people (pure A** h***s) .. :p

    well .... thanks man .. sorry for all the trouble..

    ReplyDelete
  2. but i couldnt get the sim any way.
    will have to wait for the day i reach home b4 8.

    ReplyDelete